Sunday, July 31, 2011

Stop Thinking & Start Living by Richard Charlson


I picked up this book during my last vacation a month back and started reading it throughout the last few days, and I found it to be a true eye opener, it made me feel incredibly better instantly. the Author Richard Carlson who's fame traces back to the year 1997 when he published the bestseller 'Don't sweat the small stuff', he walks the reader through a profound, simply written list of rationally common sense concepts as he redefines certain beliefs you have about yourself, people, life and the world. I so far learned, I am not a victim of unhappiness, no matter what the validations i may present myself with are. I am merely happy becouse I choose to be. I am experiencing a remarkable feeling, I did'nt even finish the book yet. My next read will be the the original 'Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff…and it’s all Small Stuff'.



*From Wikipidia: Richard Carlson Ph.D. (May 16, 1961 – December 13, 2006) was an American author, psychotherapist, and motivational speaker, who rose to fame with the success of his book, Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff…and it’s all Small Stuff (1997), which became one of the fastest-selling books of all time and made publishing history as USA Todays bestselling book for two consecutive years. It also spent over 101 weeks on the New York Times Best Seller list, and was published in 135 countries, and translated into Latvian, Polish, Icelandic, Serbian and 26 other languages; thereafter Carlson went on to write 20 books.




No comments: