Monday, August 15, 2011

My Cold Process Soap



So I'm finally back with that gorgeous soap picture, I made it and felt confident enough to post its picture here for all of you to see and comment, I used a lemongrass essential oil in there and it smells good. My DS says it smells different in the soap than the way it did in the bottle but I'm not sure if that is the way it's supposed to be.

I used the following recipe:-

548 grams coconut oil

188 grams olive oil
250 grams distilled water
119 grams lye
At trace: 22.5 grams fragrance oil of choice


I am so exited, in fact I tried a few batches but the one in the picture is the one I'm truly happy with. Considering the sides and corners, the color and texture I'm quite pleased with it. And Ooh yes, soap making is seriously addictive, I don’t seem to be thinking about anything else. I feel like trying all the other techniques and see how it goes, I can't wait until it's time to soap again.

My soap is peacefully curing now & will be ready to try it out in six weeks :)



No comments: